I spent some time working on my Central Park quilt today. I got the main top finished, and learned something about myself. I'm a fabric stretcher. I don't mean to be, but I am. It took sewing several unpinned rows together and having them not line up at the end to figure out what was going on. When I would sew a strip of sashing to a row of blocks, I would not pin it, just feed it through, lining up the edges as I went along. When it came time to sew the sashed rows to each other, problems ensued. Once I unpicked my sashing from my rows, pinned the sashing on, then resewed, they lined up just fine. I wish I had realized that this was the problem back when I made my All Framed Up top. I think that my stretching fabric was a big part of the problem.
So, for me, no more unpinned lengthy pieces. Pinning takes time, but it's better than picking it all apart and redoing.