Sunday, March 11, 2012

March Block for the BOM

I didn't get too much sewing done today, but I did get my block finished for the In Color Order Block of the Month. After sewing my first block in January, I tried the alternative method for making the triangles that Jeni posted on her blog. I thought I had the whole method down pat, but I ended up sewing on the diagonal and cutting them that way too. I didn't realize what I had done until I went to lay out the block and nothing was working!
I had to unpick all of my sewing and re-sew the triangles together the way they were supposed to be. At least this should make a lasting reminder for next month, so I'll do it right the first time!
Here's the block, using DS Quilts Aunt Edna and Picnics & Fairgrounds, and it actually measured 12.5", just like it was supposed to all along. I'm thanking my new Brother for this good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.