I've had this stack of fabric for quite awhile now. It is one of the higher quality fabrics found at Joann Fabrics. I was holding onto this stack, waiting until the right pattern sparked my interest, and thought I had found it last December. Initially I was going to make Radio Way by Jaybird Quilts, as the colors were somewhat similar. Then, I was hit by the Christmas quilt bug and made Radio Way using some Christmas prints I had instead of this stack.
Wanting to try out a variety of patterns, I'm not wanting to do the same one again so soon. So, on the back burner went my little bundle.
At some point I started noticing the plus quilts being made recently, especially this one at In Color Order. And although I was planning on making a plus quilt out of vintage sheets, the thought of using this fabric crept into my subconscious, and that's what I've been doing this past week...cutting 300+ 4.5in squares.
Using the initial prints as the core, I pulled lots of other complimentary fabrics to go along with them.
Saturday I was able to get my layout decided, and even managed to sew a couple of rows.